Saturday 26 July 2014

The Last Post

Even though I ceased posting, I kept on playing.  Sort of.  Things went well for a time, then I got distracted.  Then I changed direction.  Then I had an idea which turned out to be a bad one.  And so I stopped.

Henry and Company are in the second last tier of 'old world' content.  Well mostly.  I had a penchant to play current content and rocketed Evotika to cap to experience it.  Then I decided I needed some backup and ploughed on with Gnefario.  Then I felt guilty about that and took them both back to continue as a group with Old World.

I took Evo out on a solo raid tour, starting with Molten Core and working up from there.  I capped out Violet Eye from a few runs of Kara for good measure.  I just kind of did whatever struck my fancy from day to day.

Then I started missing some of the mounts and pets from my original account, and transferred my old main, Eccentrica to the new account and server.  Huge mistake.   All the meta achievements came with her, thus forever tarnishing the new account and making it impossible for the new crew to ever earn the rewards from those Metas, such as the coin from the Dalaran fountain fishing achievement.  I transferred Eccentrica back to the old account, but it didn't change anything except for the fact that a few things I had achieved with Evo now appear in the achievement log of the old account.

So, since time is of absolutely no concern to me, I've decided to start over.  Again.  Well, actually I started a couple of months ago, but I took one hiatus from the game, then another.  Cancelled my subs, took another hiatus, then came back.  I've also decided that there is no need for a separate blog, since my interest in writing about it wanes and waxes.  My previous intention of using Eccentrica Jones for non-gaming related things has come to nothing, and I don't forsee that ever changing, I'm picking up that blog again.

One thing I'm doing differently is that I am not going to delete this place as I did with my previous writing on EJ.  I'll just let it lie here and die a decent death.  Inveniam is dead, long live Eccentrica Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment